TOMBALL HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC TRAINERS
The purpose of our Athletic Training Department is to provide the best possible medical care and attention to our student-athletes. Our goal is to provide athletic health care for all UIL sports and athletes at Tomball High School.As Certified/Licensed Athletic Trainers, we are able to work with individual student-athletes, multiple times a day, to provide care and aid healing of athletic related injuries.Athletic Trainers are able to provide services under each of the following areas of care:
Along with providing the above areas of care, we also organize and maintain the Tomball student athletic training program that enhances the health care of Tomball student athletes.
- Prevention of school related athletic injuries
- Recognize, evaluate, and assess athletic injuries
- Administer first aid and provide immediate care
- Daily treatment, rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletes
- Maintaining of medical paperwork necessary for participation in athletics (i.e. pre-participation physicals, Doctor’s notes)
- Game and/or athletic event coverage
- Aid in process of appointment setting between Team Physicians and athletes/parents
- Recommendations of local orthopedic specialists and sports medicine general physicians
PROCEDURE FOR JUNIOR HIGH ATHLETES WHO HAVE SUSTAINED AN INJURY AT A T.I.S.D. EVENT
- Parents will notify the coach of the injury and desire to see a staff athletic trainer
- Parent/Coach will email staff Athletic Trainers to set up an appointment (emails listed below)
- Please include the following information in the appointment request
- Name of athlete
- Injury and body part
- History of the injury
- Notable details (swelling, deformity, limited use etc.)
- A staff member will respond to the request with a date and time for the appointment that is available, or with information on how to be seen by a physician.
- When it is time for the appointment, the athlete must be accompanied by a parent and in athletic attire for the evaluation.
- Summary of the visit and a plan will sent to the coaches via RankOne daily injury reports.
- If a follow up is necessary, parents will email with progress of the injury, and staff athletic trainers will reach out to establish the next steps.